The Practice Plan Group (which includes Practice Plan Insurance Limited, Practice Plan Limited and Medenta Finance Limited) treats the privacy of our customers and website users very seriously and we take appropriate security measures to safeguard it. We are committed to both respecting your privacy and protecting it. This Policy explains how we use the personal information that we hold about you, including how we collect, process, protect and share information when you access and use our website (the Site).
By continuing to access any part of the Site, or when providing us with information, you consent to:
- The use and transfer of your personal information in accordance with the terms as set out in this Policy and any changes we may make to the Policy
- The use of your email address in order to provide you with information related to your products and services, including Plan and Insurance
- Storage and processing of sensitive personal information where necessary and appropriate
- The processing of your data outside of the European Economic Area as required.
Questions and queries
Links to other websites
This Policy only applies to data collected through the Site. We are not responsible for the data policies and procedures or content of any linked websites. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of each website you visit.
How we obtain your personal information
Information provided by you
Information collected from you via the Site may include personal details you provide (including your name, address, email address, date of birth etc.) and also includes the contents of any correspondence you may send to us.
Information we get from other sources
We may acquire your information from reputable third party companies who operate in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You will already have submitted your personal information to these companies and specifically given permission to allow them to pass this information to other companies that provide similar or complementary products and services to those we offer.
When the Site automatically stores information
In order that we can monitor and improve the Site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details about your domain name and IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number assigned to your computer when connecting to the Internet), operating systems, browser, version and the website that you visited prior to our Site. We may do this by way of a cookie as described below.
Most internet browsers are initially enabled to accept cookies automatically. You may be able to set your browser so that you will not receive cookies and may even be able to delete existing cookies. However, please note that if you disable cookies you may not be able to access parts of the Site.
To obtain further information about cookies (including how to set your browser to reject cookies), you can visit the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your information
Information that you provide, or that is obtained by Practice Plan as a result of your use of the Site, will be used by us for assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the website and the services we offer and to enable us to provide you with information which we think may be relevant and of interest to you.
We may retain your information for as long as legally permitted for business purposes.
Analysis of information
The IP addresses and cookies recorded by our server (and those of our partners) may be used:
- To analyse ‘traffic’ information (so we are able to review the interest in the Site shown by visitors and their response to our marketing\promotional activity)
- To review the performance of the Site on a statistical basis (thereby allowing this to be developed to meet company and customers’ needs)
- To identify unusual activity and transactions (in order to identify possible fraudulent actions).
We will keep information about you confidential and will only disclose your information to a third party with your express consent unless one of the circumstances listed below applies. We may disclose information about you to:
- Insurance companies, loss assessors, regulatory authorities and other fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention and to comply with any legal and regulatory issues and disclosures
- To any agents, contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or acts as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or any regulatory request (including recognised practitioner bodies) upon receipt of a request if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
If we transfer your information in accordance with the terms of this Policy outside of the UK, we will make sure that the receiver agrees to provide the same or similar protection as we do and that they only use your information in accordance with our instructions.
Submitting information to our Site
When accessing this Site, you acknowledge and accept that any electronic mail that passes over the Internet may not be free from interference by third parties. Whilst we have taken steps to make our Site and systems secure, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality or privacy of information over the Internet.
You remain responsible at all times for ensuring that viruses do not enter your PC or computer systems and we assume no responsibility in this respect.
Your rights to access personal information
Upon written request and payment of a fee, you have a right to receive a copy of certain information which we hold about you. To obtain this information, please write to the Data Protection Officer at Cambrian Works, Gobowen Road, Oswestry, Shropshire SY11 1HS or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require more information about your data protection rights, this can be located on the United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website at ico.org.uk Alternatively, the ICO can be contacted on 01625 545745 or 0303 123 1113.
Accuracy of information
In order to provide the highest level of customer service possible, we need to keep accurate customer information. Should your circumstances, such as name or address change, you can help us by informing us of these changes when they occur.